In attendance was SC members – Jeff Kubick, Alison Manugian, Peter Cronin, Marlena Gilbert, Angela Donahue and Superintendent – Dr. Kristen Rodriguez.
- Nashoba Valley Technical High School Committee – The Groton BOS and SC voted to appoint Patricia Madigan as the alternative representative to the Nashoba Valley Technical High School Committee.
- Sustainability Committee – The SC chose to hold off on appointing members to the Sustainability Committee until after we have the representative recommendations from Fin Com, Dunstable Advisory, Dunstable BOS and any other possible additional community volunteers that would be willing to volunteer their time to serve on the GDRSD Sustainability Committee. If there are any community members with a background in HR, Benefits and Business Development background please click on this link and fill out the form: https://docs.google.com/a/aptconnectusa.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZkr4syH5QtE7czuuhe4GN_LcCdZ8VDp_B7QvRAMj5EyZKBQ/viewform?c=0&w=1
- Programmatic Review RFP – The SC unanimously approved the draft RFP for submission. The scope of work includes but is not limited to:
- Detailed review of general education staff including high school, middle school, elementary based on class and student enrollment as well as elementary special staffing and scheduling.
- Detailed review of Administration roles and capacities with highlight on state mandated requirements.
- Review of course offering at secondary level.
- A review of schedules impact on staffing needs.
- Use and management of federal and state grants plus other funding mechanisms including but not lmited to private donations.
- Building utilization
- Review of special education service delivery model and staffing.
- Review of special education and tier two staff us of time.
- Review of operations including but not limited to custodial, maintenance, transportation.
- Budget development process and budget management.
- School Committee Goals – SC will review a list of SC goals and will discuss prioritization of those goals at a future meeting.
- Identify, hire, negotiate terms with interim Superintendent
- Conduct permanent Superintendent search
- Hire consultant?
- Review Superintendent job description and identify desired qualities/qualifications
- Form search committee
- Search process—advertising/recruiting, applicant review, interviews, etc.
- Finalist selection & hiring
- Negotiate contract
- Conduct permanent Business Manager search
- Contract negotiations with five (5) units/groups
- GDRSD Sustainability Advisory Committee—select members, participate in process, review and approve recommendations to implement
- Operational Review RFP (CHECK) & outcomes
- FY2018 budget review/approval
- Review & adopt Capital Plan
- Review & adopt district core values
- Review & adopt district strategy
- Develop multi-year budget model/projections including Needs, Capital, and Technology
- Implement Communication Plan from recommendations from PCCE
Superintendent Search Process Discussion – SC discussed if the majority of SC members felt it would be best to establish a search for a permanent or interim superintendent. The general consensus was to hire an interim superintendent and take our time in finding a qualified candidate that is a good fit for our district. Further discussions pertaining to what kind of search the SC will conduct for an interim superintendent will take place in up coming meetings.
Stay tuned lots happening with your School District.
Meeting Adjourned 9pm